Monday, May 24, 2010

Mountain Medicine

So my current "job" is to go with the medical team each day. Tuesday we're at the coast in Sudeno. The rest of the days were in the mountains in Las Pitas. The Honduran doctor, Dr. Juliette, is with us Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The rest of the days its just Lexi (the Honduran nurse), Aliro (our Honduran driver), the local preacher and local workers depending on the location. When Dr. Juliette is with us I'm going to attempt health education to the people. When she's not I help see patients. My spanish is improving rapidly--i can understand "mountain" spanish alot better (I'm not sure if they just don't enunciate as well or what. Meredith (one of my American roommates who's been helping run this place for over a year) says its cuz they don't have teeth.)

Hope all is well.
Dios le bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment